Dulbecco‘s phosphate-buffered saline solution in distilled water.
D-PBS is used to wash cells during preparation and serial transfer.
The phosphate buffer maintains pH within the physiological range.
Dulbecco’s phosphate-buffered saline solution (DPBS) is intended for use in maintaining mammalian cells where a chemically defined balanced saline solution provides an environment that will preserve the structural and physiological integrity of cells in vitro. DPBS is commonly used in cell counting as a diluent, for cell rinsing, and as a buffer in various chromatographic procedures. DPBS is also used to wash and resuspend cells during the dissociation process, where the presence of calcium and magnesium can inhibit trypsin activity. For this application, use Modified DPBS, which is formulated without calcium and magnesium salts.
It is offered in reduced concentration.
Storage: RT, Be aware that it crystallizes at low temperatures.
- Adhere to the product’s storage conditions.
- Do not use the product after its expiration date.
- Store the product in a place protected from light (not necessary for saline solutions).
- Handle the product under aseptic conditions (e.g., under a laminar air flow).
- Wear suitable clothing for handling the product to avoid contamination (e.g., gloves, mask, hygiene cap, overall…).
The product is intended for in vitro use, in the laboratory only. Do not use it in human therapy
shelf life bottle closed : 6 months
shelf life after open : 3 months